Thursday, February 17, 2011

Haiku My Heart: A Chalice

9353 final noellewith kind permission of NewZealand1 “262 Seconds” ©2011 @ 1x.com

A Rocky Chalice

Encircles a Wine Dark Sea

Burnished with Sunlight.

~Noelle Renee 2/17/11

 

 

Even so I yearn day after day, longing to reach home, and see the hour of my return. And if some god should strike me, out on the wine-dark sea, I will endure it, owning a heart within inured to suffering. For I have suffered much, and laboured much, in war and on the seas: add this then to the sum.’

          As he spoke the sun dipped, and darkness fell.

(words spoken by Odysseus)

~The Odyssey, Book V, tr. Andrew Lang, 1887

For More Haiku My Heart, visit Recuerda Mi Corazon. You will be so glad you did!

 

 

*Sincere Thanks to Shy Cohen for his beautiful photograph of Dor Beach ~ One single, long exposure for 262 seconds…

No comments:

Post a Comment