Friday, May 13, 2011

Haiku My Heart: Fine Furry Fellow

Emergence“Fergus” by Noelle Renee 2011

Candle lit in hope

Prayers for a fine furry friend

Home in the Morning.

~Noelle Renee

 

My Little Fergus has been hurt. He was attacked by some wild animal outside and was bitten in the lower stomach. He fractured his back leg pretty badly possibly from a fall. They have cleaned the wound, anesthetized him sutured him, given him morphine and today they set his fractured  leg. He is still at the hospital with an I.V. and a lot of pain medication running through him.  They had to open up the fracture site because the bone was shattered so badly.  I have been very worried about him.  I feel so badly that I let him outside. He seems so sure of himself most of the time. He could barely move last night, he was in so much pain.

When he comes home I have to keep him in a crate for 6-12 weeks because he will have a cast and huge pins in his leg.Please  keep us in your thoughts.  He is such a special little kitty and I have so many pictures of him on my computer. He has been  such a buddy to me. I just wanted to let you know. The vet bill is prohibitive but I am working on finding ways to pay it over time. I am just very glad that he will be alright and will walk fine once the cast is off.

When I went to the vet today, they told me that someone had made a donation toward the bill. I couldn’t imagine who that would be, but it was my best friend of 25 years. I had been on the phone with her earlier in tears and she called the vet and put down $500.00. I started crying at the pet hospital when they told me, and I called her while I was still there. They were good tears though, the kind you have when you know someone cares so much about you that they do something completely amazing without telling you. I am very grateful for good friends. Thanks for letting me share this with you.

Peace and Light,

Noelle Renee

For More Haiku My Heart Please see Recuerda mi Corazon.

http://noelleclearwater.chipin.com/fergus-the-cat-get-well-fund

No comments:

Post a Comment